Learn To Skate
The Ice House Learn To Skate("LTS") program is ranked among the 10 best programs in the entire country by the United States Figure Skating Association. The LTS program consists of a comprehensive lesson and testing structure that is very exciting, rewarding, safe and fun. It has been a great success for many years and is a great way to learn how to skate and meet people. Whether your goal is to achieve Olympic fame or simply enjoy the recreational benefits of skating, the Ice House LTS program is the ideal thing for you.
We have proficiency levels ranging from Basic 1 to Basic 8. For our 4 and 5 year olds we offer a 3 level Tot program (called Snowplow Sam) to prepare them for our regular classes. We also offer Parent/Tot classes! The skater will learn various techniques such as stopping and turning, just to name a few.
Every week one of our designated testers will evaluate the kids to see if the skater is ready to advance to the next level. Once the skater has successfully passed a test, we will immediately move him/her to the next level and give them a certificate of achievement. No skater is held back in a class that is too easy for them.
If you have any questions don't hesitate to ask. We will be happy to help. Have fun.
Parents and children will be taught the very basics of skating using fun and interesting games and instructional techniques. (Parents only pay for rental.)
Tot and Children
4-5 years: Snowplow Sam 1 through 3 introduces preliminary moves to preschool age skaters not yet ready for Basic 1. (Skaters who graduate Snowplow Sam 3 move directly to Basic 2.)
6-14 years: Basic 1-8 carefully planned levels allow the beginning skater to feel comfortable on the ice while gaining the basic skating knowledge needed to advance into any of the next level of the program.
Four levels of proficiency geared to the beginner adult ice skater.
- NO REFUNDS ONCE THE APPLICATION IS SUBMITTED. payment for classes must be made with application to the Skating School Office. ($25 charge for any returned checks.)
- CLASSES ARE CONFIRMED AT THE TIME OF REGISTRATION, unless otherwise notified.
- Maximum class size is 12-16 per class. USFSA Testing will be done on a weekly basis. placement decisions are at the sole discretion of the staff testers.
- Ice House reserves the right to cancel or change programs based on class availability.
- THERE ARE NO MAKE UP CLASSES. Classes will not be altered due to school vacations, holidays, or inclement weather unless otherwise specified. Absolutely no switching of days and times after the series has begun.
- WE ENCOURAGE ALL STUDENTS TO WEAR: HELMETS, WARM LOOSE CLOTHING, THIN SOCKS, AND GLOVES.
- One half hour of instruction, one half hour of practice.
- The annual USFSA Basic skills registration fee of $20.00 per skater includes: basic skills membership material. (July 1-June 30).
Applications accepted (space permitting) by phone, mail, fax, or walk in.
PRIORITY IS GIVEN TO SKATERS WHO SIGN UP DURING REGISTRATION WEEK
Skate Rental Not Included